Thursday 1 November 2018

Magazine | Statement of intent

With this brief, I intend on creating two front covers & two contents page spreads on 2 magazine editions for a fashion magazine. I plan on doing one edition of based on 'High end' fashion style & the other more 'Modest' fashion style. The message I aim to convey is that the reader has their own power of speech that they can voice through their appearance & the way they present themselves; this being confident & powerful – showing skin or elegant & classy – covered up.

For my September edition will have contrasting techniques such as bold & thin font faces & warm tones such as mustard yellow, beige, red, orange, brown, nude etc. September connotes a month of ‘warmth’ &‘nature’, so I will include feature articles that have relations to the month, such as ‘Autumnal Fashion Trends’, I will also use the colours that best fit September as my main colour palette. I will make this an ‘Exclusive’ edition & have the features been in relation to beauty trends; for example ‘Beauty Hacks’, ‘High-Street Trends’ & ‘Fashion Findings’. I want to keep the colour scheme of the text very simple, preferably a Mustard Yellow colour including the masthead and have the same colour tone come out from the main model’s clothing. To keep the consistency within my magazine, I will use dividers in the form of a ‘+’ to help readers distinguish the articles. The contents page will have 1 or 2 images that are rather small, I will use 5 feature categories – 3 of which will be the same in the second edition: ‘Fashion’, ‘Beauty’ & ‘Special Edition/Exclusives’. I took inspiration from Vogue contents pages and will also be including a ‘Subscribe’ box at the bottom of the page.

 As August connotes a month of ‘new beginnings’ & ‘nature’ I have decided to have the main cover image set outside surrounded by nature (flowers/trees/in a field) & like the Autumn edition I will include appropriate texts & features such as ‘Fashions Rebirth’. Whereas my August edition will have thin & serif font & have bright & pastel colours, as well as baby pink, white, red, nude, beige etc. I want to have all the text on the front cover to be white so the main colour is emerging from the main image. The features & articles will be Summer related, for example the first feature will say ‘Summer Style Edit’ with ’38 Wow Pieces’ underneath it. The magazine is going to be consistent in terms of using the ‘+’ dividers as it shows similarities in the housestyle of the magazine. As this edition is using a model who wears a hijab, I thought it would be best to have a ‘Modest Movement’ feature. The contents page will be somewhat similar to the September edition, however the feature categories will be placed underneath the masthead & the image of the FCM will be underneath, alongside the subscribe button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Closed Blog Notification

Centre : NMBEC Centre Number : 14343 Candidate Name : Hajra Sohail Butt Candidate Number : 3047